Here's a list of nine easy and free beauty tips. Most of these things you probably already know, but it helps to have a gentle reminder, bringing these helpful tips into the forefront of your consciousness.
1. Consciously maintain your overall health and well-being. Acknowledge yourself and your mental, physical, and spiritual needs. How can you incorporate more acts of self care into your daily routine? Make extra time to do something special for yourself. Self care is valuable tool! True beauty comes from within. Sparkling eyes, glowing skin, vitality and confidence are attractive.
2. Get outside often!! Fresh air is a great beautifier. Just don't forget your hat and sunscreen.
3. Sensible eating habits: Fresh is best!! Don’t eat too much, or too quickly. Like Michael Pollan says: “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.” Moderation is key. Don't deprive yourself either. It's okay to have a little cake every once in a while:)
4. Get plenty of sleep in a cool, well ventilated room. Your body and your mind need rest to regenerate and recuperate from the work of the day. Your whole system suffers without enough sleep. They don't call it beauty rest for nothin'! If you live in a city with lots of cars and pollution, consider getting an air purifier for your bedroom. While they're not free, they work wonders to filter out microscopic particles of pollen, mold, pollution etc. When I moved into my condo in the city, close to a freeway I started waking up with lots of congestion and sometimes a headache. After a few months of this, I put an air purifier in my bedroom and noticed a significant improvement in my allergies. The white noise helps with the street noise as well. Houseplants are also a beautiful way to increase the clean oxygen levels in your home.
5. Bathe often! Oils, dirt, dead skin, and toxins build up on your skin and you need to wash those off or they get re-absorbed into your bloodstream or clog your pores. Even if you don't wash your hair every day, it's best to do a daily rinse off! Let the water flow over your body and wash away the accumulated layers of stress, dirt, pollution, etc.
6. Practice good posture. Be mindful of how you sit. When you walk, hold your head high and shoulders back and engage your stomach muscles. When you sit, do not hold one shoulder higher than the other, or sit crooked? Bring some awareness into your posture and gently remind yourself to straighten out.
7. Keep your muscles firm and youthful by getting some exercise, even if it's just a 10 minute walk during a work break, take the stairs, or park at the far end of the lot so you have to walk a little more. What sort of physical activity could you add into your routine to enhance the health of your mind, body, and spirit?
8. Don't let your skin get too dry. Dry skin makes wrinkles more profound and gives a dull, drab appearance. Moisturized skin is glowing and healthy in comparison.
9. Meditate. All forms of meditation can help reduce stress and improve well-being. Meditate in the morning before beginning your day. By meditating first thing in the morning, you will be setting the energy and your own physiology before placing yourself in situations that could generate stress. This will ensure that your day runs more smoothly and that you are in the proper energetic state to experience miracles! Meditation reduces stress and allows your inner beauty to shine through.